AFTER YOU DECIDE “I WANT A CHARITABLE REMAINDER TRUST” WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Making sure your Tax-Exempt CRT is administered properly is just as critical to achieving your goals as making the CRT decision in the first place!
You want to make sure that the strategy you have chosen works the way it is supposed to. You expect a hassle free income stream, with a worry free retirement income.
How do you get that? With an extremely knowledgeable and experienced partner – Premier Administration. We’ll provide timely distributions, impeccable compliance with all tax laws and frequent, easy to understand reports. All at the best price in the industry.
The IRS and the courts have made it very clear - to get the benefit of a Charitable Trust it must be operated properly. In other words, after a trust is in operation, COMPLIANCE is critical. Premier is there to make sure you have all the information, records, and systems necessary to assure full compliance with the tax laws.
Trust administration is complex. Frankly, only a very few CPAs or attorneys are really experienced and set up to handle charitable trust administration. That is the reason a special firm exists just to handle this one responsibility. Proper administration includes:
• Two kinds of accounting!
o Trust Accounting – based on the trust state law as well as GAAP
o Tax Accounting – based on specific rules developed by the IRS and Congress specific to these trust
• Complete and accurate record keeping
• Liaison with the client’s investment professionals and the fund custodians
• Distributions: calculation of the amount and transfer of funds to client
• Reporting: quarterly and year end reports
• Preparation of year end documents including K-1 forms
• Preparation of tax returns, both state and Federal
When you work with Premier you also get:
• Access to the principals, an attorney and a tax-accountant/MBA with over 50 years combined experience with Charitable Trust administration
• A firm that is happy to provide you with one-on-one consultations on case design, and to review your investment selections from the particular tax perspective unique to CRTs
Did you know that if you select the wrong investment vehicle you may lose your income tax deduction? Or cause a tax-exempt trust to pay tax on its income? Premier is always there at the end of the telephone to help you make sure you are maximizing your trust’s benefit.
When you use Premier you know that you will receive:
• The most cost effective service of its kind in the industry. Our rates are very competitive!
• Prompt, personal customer service – most of our clients know our staff by name.
• The security of knowing that all of their records and documents are complete and available in one location
• Regular, prompt, understandable reports
• Reliable, accurate distributions
• All tax forms and tax returns prepared accurately and on time
• The assurance that Premier respects the relationship they have with the financial professional they have chosen to work with.
At all adds up to worry free, hassle free accurate prompt distributions. That is what you want when you sign up for a CRT. When you choose Premier Administration that is exactly what you’ll get.
Part of the team you are assembling must include an administrator. With Premier you can be sure that you will be treated well and will be very happy with your decision to set up a CRT